VISUM SUMMER SCHOOL
In light of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak and following health guidance from WHO, and our local health authorities, the organizing committee and the lecturers are stepping up to the challenge and the VISUM 2020 summer school will now be fully digital!
Although the social component of the school will necessarily be reduced by hosting a digital edition, we believe that we have the opportunity to reach more people and, in this way, continue contributing to the community.
The 8th edition of the Vision Understanding and Machine Intelligence (VISUM) summer school is now taking place between the 6th and the 10th of July 2020 with a unique fee of €75 for every participant.
Because we are focused on delivering a high-quality summer school, we have a limited number of seats. So, don't miss the application deadline, May 10th.
The online courses, with both theoretical & practical sessions, will be conducted by world-renowned experts, covering the topics:
- Introduction to Machine Learning and Computer Vision | by Jaime Cardoso, Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto (PT)
- Machine Learning on Kubernetes (hands-on) | by Markus Bauer, Institute for Applied Informatics, University of Leipzig (DE)
- Action Recognition in Video | by Pascal Mettes, University of Amsterdam (NL)
- Optimal Transport in Computer Vision | by Nicolas Courty, IRISA (FR)
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI) | by Mauricio Reyes, Insel Gruppe (CH)
- Deep Learning and Kernel Machines | Johan Suykens, KU Leuven (BE)
- Information Security | by Marta Gomez-Barrero, da/sec (DE)
- AI: More than Human (talk) | by Pedro Saleiro, Feedzai, Lisboa (PT)
Aside from the opportunity to learn with top-notch speakers, you will have the opportunity to put what you have learned into practice, in a competition organized by VISUM and Abyssal S.A., awarded with an Amazon digital voucher plus the registration for VISUM 2021!
For further details, please visit our website visum.inesctec.pt and stay tuned!