About Computer Science Cluster
INESC TEC aims at excelling in the control of the data>information>knowledge chain for pervasive and massive data repositories and data flows. This includes the components of new high-level languages, distributed computing, critical software, privacy protection, pervasive cyber security and generalised knowledge extraction, namely from massive spatio-temporal distributed and geo-referenced databases, possibly lodged in moving media.
The mission of the Computer Science Cluster is to achieve excellence in both fundamental and applied research, with international impact, and with a strong emphasis on technology innovation and transfer that benefits society at large.
Main research areas
- Accessibility and Assistive Technologies
- Big Data Applications
- Computer Graphics and Virtual Environments
- Cryptography, Information Security and Privacy
- Distributed Systems
- Information Management and Information Systems
- Intelligent and Adaptive Systems
- Languages and Distributed Computing
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Mathematical Modelling in Decision Support
- Software Engineering
- Special Purpose Computing Systems